Monday, February 28, 2011

God vs. Satan's Point of View

GOD VS. SATAN'S POINT OF VIEW

Job 2

Message:

"...shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" v.10


APPLICATION:

"Treat me right and I will be your best friend. Treat me wrong, you've just met your worst enemy."

It was my motto during High School. I used to think and live my life that way. I would say, "I am a good friend to those who are good to me but I could be bad, very bad, if you are bad." I was like a mine hidden on the ground-harmless when untouched but step on it and it will explode to hurt and to kill.

How many of us has exploded, has thrown off shrapnel- hurtful words- to those who hurt us? If somebody throws a stone at you, did you give back bread or did you pick up the stone and throw it back? When something bad happen, how did you respond?


"Skin for skin! A man will give all he has for his own life. But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face." v.4

“Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.  But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.” Job 1:9-11

This is how Satan sees man. In Satan's POV, man is selfish. Man would only worship God because of all the good God has done or given to him. Man would do good in order to gain something but if he can't get anything from God or from anyone, he will curse, hate and leave (Job 2:4). 


But GOD disproved Satan. For God, man is good because he is good, because God created man to be "very good" (Genesis 1:31) and because God created man after His own image, man supposedly has inherit God's trait or character. God loves because He loves. God is kind because He is kind; faithful because He is faithful; because that's simply who He is. What He does, did and will do does not depend on how man would treat Him. And God believes man can be like Him - not as God but in character. 

And Satan could never see that. He did not see man the way God see us because he could only perceive man base on his own character. He perceives man is selfish, ungrateful, deserter -because that's who he (Satan) is. He sees man as a reflection of his self. Satan's distorted view of man shows how distorted, evil  and darkened his heart and mind are.  

I don't know about your life and what you've been or are going through but I believe most of us are familiar with the life of Job and how he responded to the bad things that has happened to his life. Regardless of his great loss- livestock, seven sons and three daughters - he still maintained his integrity (v. 3). He did not sin (v. 10). He did not curse God even though his wife incited him to. Instead, he responded, "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” (v.10) Imagine the look on Satan's face, shamed by Job's response (Job 1:20). Job did not disappoint GOD. Imagine God's face - His smile radiating His face. 

How about your life? Are you living your life a disappointment to God or a life that makes Him proud?  Which point of view was disproved by your life? Satan's or GOD's? Which point of view are you siding with? Are you seeing people through the eyes of Satan or through the eyes of God?


I remember I heard this song "Father's eyes" by Amy Grant. It was one of my Bible study Leader's favorite song. 


She's got her Father's eyes,
Her Father's eyes;
Eyes that find the good in things,
When good is not around;
Eyes that find the source of help,
When help just can't be found;
Eyes full of compassion,
Seeing every pain;
Knowing what you're going through
And feeling it the same.

Just like my Father's eyes,
My Father's eyes,
My Father's eyes,
Just like my Father's eyes.



"Father, give us eyes just like yours. Lord, help us see people, things, and situation through Your eyes so that we may respond the way You do, with love and not with hate, with compassion, with kindness, with great patience, with mercy.  Amen" 
To the Eyes that see me through it all(good and bad) and yet still love me be the glory!



Your sister through the blood of Christ,
Rizeru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome. I'm excited to hear from you.

Thanks for leaving a comment!

God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

GALLERY PREVIEW