Friday, March 18, 2011

THE CHASER

THE CHASER



Can you feel the wind touching your hair and skin?

That's my way of saying "I am here."

Like the wind, you could not see me but I am always here.

I could give you a hard blow for not noticing me

but I chose to be gentle because I love you.



Can you feel the rain falling on your face?

That's my way of saying, "Hey! I'm up here!"

But you never look my way.

Instead, I saw disgust on your face

as you ran away.



As you sit there by your window,

Can't you hear the thunder?

I'm shouting out "I love you. Stop ignoring me."

But you are unwilling to hear.



I could lash you with lightning

But I will not deliver my wrath.

Though many times you have insulted me

For the sake of my Name, I will not.



Now the sky is clear

For the storm had passed

I see you looking at the heavens.

Can you see Me now?

IF only you could see past the stars.



ABOUT THE POEM:

GOD loves us. He created us to be loved by Him. He longs to be love by us too. But because He wants genuine love, He gives us free will. Will to love Him or not to love Him. Will not to ignore Him or ignore Him entirely... God - like a lover/suitor - keeps on pursuing us, chasing us. He is doing many  things so that we will love Him back. 

But the problem is we drive God away. We tried to ignore Him. Even though it is very obvious that God exist, many people choose not to notice Him. Though they are not blind, they pretend not to see Him. Though they are not deaf, they pretend not to hear Him. Every created things points to God. 

Until when will you continue to run away from GOD? When will you come out from hiding? 


Don't try to escape from God's loving arms. If you will run, He will not stop running after you. You will only get exhausted but He will never get tired looking for you, chasing you, loving you.





 "Where can I go from your Spirit? 
   Where can I flee from your presence? 
 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
   if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
 even there your hand will guide me, 
   your right hand will hold me fast. 
 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me 
   and the light become night around me,” 
 even the darkness will not be dark to you; 
   the night will shine like the day, 
   for darkness is as light to you."
(Psalm 139:7-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome. I'm excited to hear from you.

Thanks for leaving a comment!

God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

GALLERY PREVIEW